⚠ In the past simple, regular verbs end in -ed: She wait ed for them at the train station. He finish ed work late last friday. They decid ed to go to the cinema last night. They play ed baseball yesterday. I liv ed in London two years ago. ⚠ There are also many irregular verbs in the past simple! They don’t end up in -ed: I went to the. The simple past (also called past simple, past indefinite or preterite) is a verb tense which is used to show that a completed action took place at a specific time in the past. The simple past is also frequently used to talk about past habits and generalizations. Read on for detailed descriptions, examples, and simple past exercises.
- Play No Simple Past Game
- Play No Simple Past Participle
- Not Play No Past Simple
- Play No Simple Past Worksheets
- play is part of the Basic English 850.
Play No Simple Past Game
- enPR: plā
- IPA(key): /pleɪ/
- SAMPA: /pleI/
Jobs vocabulary exercises online. Present participle
- To do things for amusement.
- Children like to play all day.
- If you play a musical instrument, you make music using it.
- He plays guitar in a rock and roll band.
A boy playing
Children playing soccer
A man playing bass guitar
Play No Simple Past Participle
Not Play No Past Simple
- Something a group of actors does, in a theatre, for people to watch.
- The actors on the stage had clothes with brightcolors.