- Free English study and teaching resources for students and teachers of ESL, English as a Second Language. Learn speaking, grammar, reading, and vocabulary - Free English Study Site for ESL Learners.
- Improve your English listening with this series of free English lessons. Practise listening to dialogues and understanding natural English conversations. All lessons include a script, vocabulary notes and exercises to help you learn and use new language.
- Learn more about the English language with our online grammar lessons. Our website makes a great companion to language arts classes, homeschooling, and ESL courses.
Learn English Lesson
The Learn English Network offers English grammar and extensive English vocabulary sections, along with free lessons for beginners, a free English magazine, diary, games, lessons and tests, and an insight into British culture, traditions and customs. We run several blogs, a Facebook page and a Google plus page and community (with badges), all. Study English IELTS Preparation helps learners preparing to take the IELTS test. Study English S1 Ep1: Electronic Crime In this episode we look at word families and do some spelling.
Study all the lessons below and incorporate your learning into your speaking and writing.
Basic English Grammar Lessons
1. Singular and Plural Nouns
2. Count Nouns vs. Non-Count Nouns
3. Possessive Nouns
5. 'Be' Verbs
6. Action Verbs
8. Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
10. Simple Tense
11. Progressive and Perfect Tense
12. Perfect Progressive Tense
13. Irregular Verbs
15. Infinitives 1
16. Infinitives 2
17. Active Voice and Passive Voice
18. Indicative, Imperative, Subjunctive Mood
19. Auxiliary Verbs - 'Be,' 'Do,' 'Have'
20. Auxiliary Verbs - 'Will/Would,' 'Shall/Should'
21. Auxiliary Verbs - 'Can/Could,' 'May/Might/Must'
22. Prepositions - 'On,' 'At,' 'In'
23. Prepositions - 'Of,' 'To,' 'For'
24. Prepositions - 'With,' 'Over,' 'By'
25. Conjunctions - Coordinating and Correlative
26. Conjunctions - Subordinating
27. Conjunctive Adverbs
28. Articles - Indefinite and Definite
Unit 1 - Lesson 1 - Basic Introductions - am/is/are
?Questions? What ..? Who ..?
The English Alphabet
requires Real Player Basic
The verb to be
Full form (written)
Short form (spoken)
For the teacher - Articles For the student - Picture This
a = b, c, d ..
|a banana, a car, a dog..||an apple, an elephant, an igloo, an orange, an umbrella|
Question - What/Who is it?
What ..? = things
Who ...? = people
'What's' = What is
'It's' = It is
'Who's' = Who is
Who's your teacher?
'Hello. I'm Lynne. I'm your teacher.'
Now you try:-
Newspapers to read online free. (This audio recorder requires Flash and may not work in some browsers.)
More English Lessons
Next lesson - Introductions, Greetings and Farewells
Enter the correct form of the verb to be - Fill It
Test your vocabulary - Name It - if you don't know a word look it up in your dictionary.
Practise Your English
Listen to some of the previous comments. (Read out by Amatsu.)
Now you try saying 'Hello'.
Previous corrections can be found here.
Print Version - You can print this lesson out here
Wouldn't it be cool if there were a teacher available here 24/7? Well, you could help us achieve our dream, and support us in updating and improving these resources by making a donation:-