- How do you get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)? Canadian employers wishing to.
- If you want to learn English in a cosmopolitan and vibrant city but also want to study in an environment that is safe, green and friendly with easy access to some of the world’s most spectacular scenery, then you want to study English in Canada.
ILAC is the most awarded English language school in the world, with campuses in Toronto and Vancouver. Every year, ILAC is recognized for its commitment to excellence in English training and customer service. ILAC welcomes students from more than 75 countries, making it one of the world’s most diverse schools to learn English. Fast & Free job site: Search Canada jobs for expats. Work for foreigners in Canada, jobs for English speakers, teacher jobs: Sr. Account Manager, Commercial Insurance Agent.
Who can you work for on campus?
“On campus” refers to all the buildings on your university or college campus.
- If your school has more than one campus, you may only be allowed to work at the campus where you attend classes. Check with the school’s administration.
- If you are working as a teaching or research assistant and your work relates to a research grant, you may be able to work at a library, hospital or research centre that is part of the college or university—even if they are not on the campus.
Learn more about working on campus.
Canada’s language schools are the best places to study English or French and to immerse yourself in a country unlike any other in the world. After all, Canada is world renowned for the diversity of our people, our dual English and French identity, the beauty of our landscapes and our excellent academic standards.
Exacting standards for a high-quality education
Canadian language schools offer consistent standards, giving you high-quality instruction. Whether you choose to study on Canada’s Atlantic Coast, the West Coast or anywhere in between, your experience will be a positive one thanks to our language school quality assurance.
Language school options and opportunities
International students have many options when it comes to learning languages in Canada. You can study English or French while working in Canada or take language courses that help prepare you to enter a Canadian university or college program. You may also want to study English or French and gain a competitive advantage in your home country.
When you come to Canada for language studies, you can expect:
- A focused approach
- High-quality teaching that guarantees results
- To learn English or French, so you can study or live in Canada
Canada’s language schools exist across the country. This means you can learn French in a place where you are living among French speakers. The same is true if you want to learn English.
How To Learn English In Canada
Our accredited language schools
When searching for the right language school for you or your child, look for language schools accredited by Languages Canada. This accreditation means the schools follow internationally recognized quality assurance standards. Languages Canada has a directory of more than 225 language schools across Canada.
The Languages Canada accreditation is based on the:
- Student services
- Teaching staff
- Program of study (curriculum)
- Marketing, promotion and administration
- Student admissions
The types of programs that language schools offer include:
- English or French test preparation (common tests include CAEL, IELTS, TOEFL, TEF Canada or TCF)
- Summer camps
- Business or technical English and French
- Language instruction to prepare for college or university
- Teacher training programs (common programs include CELTA, TESL, TESOL or CEFLE)
Language skills are essential to enter a post-secondary program in Canada
Many language schools prepare international students to attend college or university in Canada.
You must be able to speak English or French to study at a Canadian university or college.
- English-language colleges and universities may require you to write a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL).
- French-language colleges and universities assess students individually. To learn what a certain university or college requires, check with the Office of the Registrar at the school you wish to attend.
To enroll in a language school, you’ll need to take a test to assess your skill level in English or French. Based on that test, the school will suggest a course of study. Most language schools offer courses based on weeks of study, not a semester or monthly course.
How to enroll in a language school
Each language school has its own enrollment process. Some language schools offer housing, while others offer homestay experiences for younger students. This means the child or young person will live with a Canadian family.
- Students 18 and over: You must apply for a study permit from the Government of Canada to attend a language school in Canada.
- Minor children (under 18): If your child attends a language school in Canada, you may need to apply for a special study permit.
You may also contact the language school you plan to attend. Pink lake australia swim lessons. They will be able to answer your questions about fees and study permits. It can take up to 3 months to obtain a study permit depending on your home country, so be sure to plan ahead.
Cost of language school in Canada
Can I Teach English In Canada
Language schools often provide courses based on a certain number of weeks, rather than a semester approach to study. The cost of tuition at Canadian language schools is established by each school.
Here is some sample costing for language schools in some of Canada’s key metropolitan areas (not including housing or meals):
- Toronto: 12-week English language school = CAD 3,515
- Quebec City: 12-week French language school = CAD 3,570
- Vancouver: 12-week English language school = CAD 4,083
- Calgary: 12-week French language school = CAD 3,446
- Date Modified: