#JT23: Jonathan Taylor is Bringing Running Back. Honors and Awards 2019: Doak Walker Award winner, Walter Camp Player of the Year finalist, Maxwell Award semifinalist, Lombardi Award semifinalist, unanimous first-team All-America (AFCA, AP, FWAA, Sporting News, Walter Camp), Ameche-Dayne Big Ten Running Back of the Year, first-team All-Big Ten (consensus), 4-time Big Ten Offensive Player of.
- The NFL today announced that Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle DeForest Buckner has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Month for December and running back Jonathan Taylor has been named NFL.
- Wisconsin Badger legend Jonathan Taylor is finally getting the workload many were asking for, and the Indianapolis Colts are reaping the rewards. Taylor exploded for a 62-yard touchdown to give his Colts a ten point advantage in the middle of the third quarter.
Thomas in 1998
September 8, 1981 (age 39)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Relatives||Jeff Weiss (uncle)|
Jonathan Taylor Thomas (born Jonathan Taylor Weiss; September 8, 1981) is an American actor and director. He is known for portraying Randy Taylor on Home Improvement and voicing young Simba in Disney's 1994 film The Lion King and Pinocchio in New Line Cinema's 1996 film The Adventures of Pinocchio.
Early life and education
Thomas was born in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, the son of Claudine (born Gonsalves), a personal manager and social worker, and Stephen Weiss, an industrial sales manager. The two divorced in 1991. His uncle is playwright and actor Jeff Weiss. Thomas has Pennsylvania Dutch (German) and Portuguese ancestry.
In 2000, Thomas graduated with honors from Chaminade College Preparatory School in West Hills, California.
Upon graduation, he enrolled at Harvard University, where he studied philosophy and history and spent his third year abroad at St Andrews University in Scotland.
In 2010, he graduated from the Columbia University School of General Studies.
Jonathan Taylor Thomas 2020
Thomas began his television career in 1990, playing the role of Kevin Brady, the son of Greg Brady, on The Bradys, a spin-off of the 1970s TV show The Brady Bunch. In 1991, Thomas appeared in three episodes of Fox's sketch comedy series In Living Color. That same year, he was cast as Randy Taylor on ABC's sitcomHome Improvement. Thomas remained with Home Improvement well into his teenage years but left the show in 1998 to focus on academics.
In early 2004, Thomas had a small guest role on 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter, another ABC sitcom, and appeared in the WB's Smallville in 2002 and 2004. In 2005, he appeared in UPN's high school detective drama Veronica Mars and was also featured on The E! True Hollywood Story's episode on Home Improvement.
On March 22, 2013, Thomas guest starred on the second season finale of his third ABC sitcom Last Man Standing, and again in the fourth episode of the third season on October 11, 2013, reuniting with Tim Allen, his TV father from Home Improvement. On January 10, 2015, Thomas again guest starred on the twelfth episode of the fourth season of Last Man Standing, this time as Randy, reuniting with his TV parents from Home Improvement, Tim Allen and Patricia Richardson.
Thomas appeared in many films during and after his run on Home Improvement. He had a few roles as a voice actor in his child years, including Disney's animated feature The Lion King, in which he voiced the protagonist Simba as a cub.
He also appeared in live-action films. Among the ones he starred in are those from Disney: Man of the House, Tom and Huck, and I'll Be Home for Christmas. Other live-action films starring Thomas are an adaptation of The Adventures of Pinocchio (in which he played and voiced the titular character), Wild America, Speedway Junky, and Walking Across Egypt.
Thomas has been a vegetarian for much of his life.
|1994||The Lion King||Young Simba (voice)|
|1994||Pom Poko||Shoukichi (voice)||2005 Disney dub|
|1995||Man of the House||Ben Archer|
|1995||Tom and Huck||Tom Sawyer|
|1996||The Adventures of Pinocchio||Pinocchio (voice)|
|1997||Wild America||Marshall Stouffer|
|1998||I Woke Up Early the Day I Died||Boy at Beach|
|1998||I'll Be Home for Christmas||Jake Wilkinson|
|1998||The Emperor's New Clothes: An All-Star Illustrated Retelling of the Classic Fairy Tale||The Imperial Prince (voice)|
|1999||Walking Across Egypt||Wesley Benfield|
|2000||Common Ground||Tobias Anderson|
|2000||The Tangerine Bear: Home in Time for Christmas!||Tangie (voice)||Television film|
|2000||Timothy Tweedle the First Christmas Elf||Timothy Tweedle||Television film|
|2001||An American Town||Rafe||Television film|
|2005||Tilt-A-Whirl||Customer #3||Short film|
|2005||Thru the Moebius Strip||Prince Ragis (voice)|
|1987–1993||The Adventures of Spot||Spot (voice)||26 episodes|
|1990||The Bradys||Kevin Brady||2 episodes|
|1991||In Living Color||Macaulay Culkin||2 episodes|
|1991–1998||Home Improvement||Randy Taylor||179 episodes|
|1994||The Itsy Bitsy Spider||George (voice)||Episode: 'Spider Sense'|
|1996||The Oz Kids||Scarecrow Jr (voice)|
|2000||Ally McBeal||Chris Emerson||Episode: 'Do You Wanna Dance?'|
|2000||The Wild Thornberrys||Tyler Tucker (voice)||5 episodes|
|2002||Smallville||Ian Randall||Episode: 'Dichotic'|
|2003||The Simpsons||Luke Stetson (voice)||Episode: 'Dude, Where's My Ranch?'|
|2004||Smallville||Ian Randall||Episode: 'Asylum'|
|2004||8 Simple Rules||Jeremy||3 episodes|
|2005||Veronica Mars||Ben||Episode: 'Weapons of Class Destruction'|
|2013–2015||Last Man Standing||John Baker / Randy||4 episodes|
|1996||The Adventures of Pinocchio||Human Pinocchio|
|2006||Kingdom Hearts II||Young Simba||Archive audio|
|2006||The Extra||Director||Short film|
|2013–2016||Last Man Standing||Director||3 episodes|
Awards and nominations
- 1994 – Young Artist Awards for Outstanding Youth Ensemble in a Television Series (Home Improvement)
- 1996 – ShoWest Convention: ShoWest Award for Young Star of the Year
- 1997 – Young Artist Awards for Best Performance in a Voiceover – Young Artist (The Adventures of Pinocchio)
- 1998 – Kids' Choice Awards: Blimp Award for Favorite Television Actor (Home Improvement)
- 1999 – Kids' Choice Awards: Hall of Fame Award
- 1993 – Young Artist Awards for Best Young Actor Starring in a Television Series (Home Improvement)
- 1995 – Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films: Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor (The Lion King)
- 1995 – Young Artist Awards for Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Voiceover – TV or Movie (The Lion King)
- 1996 – Young Artist Awards for Best Young Leading Actor – Feature Film (Tom and Huck)
- 1996 – Kids' Choice Awards: Blimp Award for Favorite Movie Actor (Tom and Huck)
- 1997 – Kids' Choice Awards: Blimp Award for Favorite Television Actor (Home Improvement)
- 1997 – Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films: Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor (The Adventures of Pinocchio)
- 1997 – YoungStar Awards for Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Comedy TV Series (Home Improvement)
- 1997 – YoungStar Awards for Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Comedy Film (Tom and Huck)
- 1998 – YoungStar Awards for Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Comedy TV Series (Home Improvement)
- 1999 – Kids' Choice Awards: Blimp Award for Favorite TV Actor (Home Improvement)
- ^'Jonathan Taylor Thomas Biography (1981-)'. Filmreference.com. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- ^'Walnutport Girl, 6, Already A New York Commuter .. Backstage - Morning Call'. Articles.mcall.com. February 26, 1993. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- ^'Questions and answers w/ Jonathan Taylor Thomas'. September 29, 2007. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- ^Pacheco, Patrick (April 6, 1986). 'Off-Off-Broadway's king goes Public'. Newsday. Retrieved August 29, 2010.
- ^'Jonathan Taylor Thomas' Birthday: Star Turns 30 Years Old (PHOTOS)'. HuffPost. September 8, 2011. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- ^Nahas, Aili (September 8, 2011). 'Jonathan Taylor Thomas Reunites with His Home Improvement Cast'. People. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- ^Alana Daley (September 22, 2005). 'Whatever happened to: child star Jonathan Taylor Thomas?'. The Gazette. Archived from the original on March 19, 2012. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- ^'Notable Alumni'. gs.columbia.edu. Archived from the original on July 15, 2014. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- ^'Home Improvement E! True Hollywood Story'. December 26, 2005.
- ^'Jonathan Taylor Thomas Returns To 'Last Man Standing' (VIDEO)'. Huffpost. October 10, 2013. Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- ^'Jonathan Taylor Thomas Returns to Last Man Standing'. People.com. January 9, 2015. Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- ^'The Spokesman-Review'. google.com. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- ^'Vegetarian Starter Kit'. PETAKids.com. Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jonathan Taylor Thomas.|
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas at IMDb
INDIANAPOLIS -- New Colts quarterback Philip Rivers will have another threat out of the backfield to turn to next season.
The Colts jumped three spots in the 2020 NFL draft to add to what was a top-10 rushing offense last season when they selected Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor in the second round with the No. 41 overall pick. The Colts, who did not have a first-round pick Thursday, gave the Cleveland Browns the 44th and 160th overall picks to move up to select Taylor.
'I think the biggest thing is, I'm excited,' Taylor said. 'They traded up, so they're excited and feel I can be a special player in the organization. I'm somebody who is going to come and soak up every bit of information and try and learn as much as possible, so if and when my number is called, I can get in and do my job and do it at a high level.'
Taylor joins a backfield that features 1,000-yard rusher Marlon Mack (1,091 yards), Jordan Wilkins and Nyheim Hines. That group helped the Colts finish seventh in the league in rushing while running behind one of the best offensive lines that's led by Pro Bowl guard Quenton Nelson.
Taylor rushed for 2,003 yards and 21 touchdowns last season at Wisconsin. His 12 career games with at least 200 yards rushing are the most by any player in Football Bowl Subdivision history. Taylor is the highest running back selected by the Colts since they picked Donald Brown with the 27th overall pick in 2009.
'They're getting a tough back able to run in between the tackles, but also has a track background and able to hit the edge and take one the distance,' Taylor said. 'I think that's the biggest thing, you have a guy who can run well inside and also be able to hit the edge. That's hard to defend.'
Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin Football
Holding on to the ball was an area in which Taylor struggled in college, losing 15 of his 18 fumbles at Wisconsin. Colts running back coach Tom Rathman puts ball security at a premium. He fumbled only seven times in nearly 900 touches during his NFL playing career.
Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin Football
'There's definitely a lot you can do [to stop fumbling],' Taylor said. 'A bulk of them came from freshman year. Going and trying to progress from that. There are a lot of things you work on so you try and not let it happen, but there's definitely hard work that needs to go in each and every single day in order to make sure that's shored up.'
How to learn English by yourself? Start with an easy and free online course! We have adopted an objective and efficient approach to learn how to speak a language easily and quickly: we suggest you to start by memorizing words, phrases and practical expressions that you can use in everyday life and that will be useful when traveling. Learn how to speak English quickly with our Complete English online course. Whether you’re learning as a beginner or at a more advanced level, our course – covering everything from English pronunciation and grammar to English expressions – will help you move past the basics and become fluent in English. Kids Test - by The American English Center 25 Questions 5776 Attempts English Speaking, Conversations, TOEFL iBT, Conversational English, American Accent Training, Conversation, Virtual Classroom, Foreign Language Words Used in English TOEFL iBT Communicative English Grammar American Accent Tr, Foreign Language Words Used in English, Communicative English Grammar, Kids, Children, ESL, EFL.
Colts general manager Chris Ballard is making a concerted effort to give Rivers, who signed a one-year contract with the Colts in March after spending his first 16 years in the league with the Chargers, as many offensive options as possible.
The Colts used their first pick of the second round -- No. 34 -- on USC receiver Michael Pittman Jr. He was one of four receivers in the FBS with at least 100 receptions last season when he finished with 101 catches for 1,275 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Jonathan Taylor Thomas Girlfriend
'Getting a chance to play with a legendary quarterback like Philip Rivers, I'm definitely going to be ready to go, learning a plethora of routes, a plethora of protections to make sure if and when Mr. Rivers needs me I'm there, I'm ready to go,' Taylor said.